Thursday, April 3, 2014

Tri for Triumph: Reason to Race #25 Zombie Apocalypse Training

Tiffany & Lizzy Zombies

I was running out of ideas as I headed into the final days before the race, but hey, you have to power through those last miles. So I asked my students while eating lunch with them the other day, "Why do you think I should race?" Of course, one of them (my girl Lizzy) gave me the best reason yet. "Because if there's a zombie apocalypse, you'd be able to outrun the zombies...or at least the other people!" #brilliant #stuvoice

This got me thinking...not only is running looking advantageous, but I also can't imagine zombies can swim. I took this thought home with me and asked my resident zombie experts, my kids Joe and Alina. We all came to the conclusion that zombies probably can somewhat swim (in an awkward floating motion) or walk under water (though we debated this for quite some time). Either way, even as slow as I swim, there's a decent chance I'd be faster. #greatnews

So there you have it, thanks to the creative genius of my student Lizzy. Reason to Race #25: Also training for a zombie apocalypse. #multitasking

If you'd like to support the creative genius of other human children, donate to my race cause, Scholarship America, by clicking the link below. Thank you for all the love, shares, retweets, and other forms of support. 


No comments:

Post a Comment